The Sith Army

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Order of the Sith

2 posters

great advice

maxy
    maxy

great advice Empty great advice

Post  maxy Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:14 pm

I dont disagree Mobius. For many players, defenses are quite necessary. But lets not fool ourselves into thinking they are the final piece to the puzzle.

In fact, I think that there is a very good strategy plan to be had with some defenses and lower storages. So what if you top out and dont mine for a few hours? At least you wont get more and more attractive to a guy like me. I also feel that the more you are able to be online, the less defenses you need.

But you say you are a "small fleeter". Why? Why dont you have a much bigger fleet? Have you considered how large your fleet or mines might be if you have invested that defenses rez in them instead of building the defenses themselves? I have developed what I feel is a pretty strong strategic line of play. The very first condition of this is that you can be on a lot, at least to check your account. This is even easier as cell phone browsers get better and better (even though I am against them for games like this). The second is "Fleetsave like its a religion, including resources".

You start with your home, raid inactives with slots full as you build toward advanced capitol ships and colonies, then build some. Not a ton of ships, mind you, because you need moons to keep them truly safe, especially if your schedule has an unpredictable nature to it. Moons with JGs make my fleet able to defend my planets without building a single PT. So you build LFs and BSs, and crash them until you get moons. I have 7 moons of my 8 planets. I built every single LF and BS in those moons myself (or swapped, but you get my meaning). There was no moon-account, no freebie, no "I will leave them here and hope to get one, giving up the DF". I made every moon, collected every DF, and used it to make more LFs for my next moon. LFs are one of my big "cold war deterrents". A big cloud of them makes me that much harder to crash, and I can bust a few out anytime to make a moon if I want too.

Once you have a moon, build fleet. Ignore mines, at least past a certain level. Your fleet, if you have time, can generate more than you can ever mine at this stage of an account. Use it, add to it and keep using it to add to it. Get more moons, and build those JGs. Jump around and cover your areas like a blanket. Scan, scan, scan, and keep those slots full. Repeat til you get kind of bored of that, and hopefully, by then, you will have a fleet that can generate some serious resources. At that point, stop building so much fleet, and start investing in those mines. As the turtles grow, build fattys to take them out. I get 2+ mil rez captures all the time, usually losing only a few BMBs or a DE or two. Take that income and invest in those mines. As your mines get bigger, the need to keep slots-full, or grind with slots-full, kind of fades. You can start shopping for the bigger hits, the golf shot hits, the bigger turtles to crack.

But dont waste too much on defenses. Dont research things you dont need. Try to avoid waste. Dont be afraid to lose a few cargos if you can save a ton of deut launching less fatties. Etc etc etc.

Anyway, thats how I play. I have time. I have a good life too, kids, grandchildren. I work from home, I go see my nephews play soccer, I play in a pool league, I visit my mom and my sister regularly, and when I do, I fleetsave. I am very hard to hit now, with 7 moons even I am not always sure which one my fleet is saved from, LOL. Even if you THINK I am offline, I may not be. I tend to sit inactive for large chunks of time, doing housework, working, whatever. But I check my account, see if anyone probed me, maybe set up a Ninja, check for message from friends or tips for hits (I pay very well for good tips).

/shrug. Seems to have worked. The proof is in my current rank. I dont play "hardcore" at all anymore. I scan a ton but skip so many hits ... its not hard. This game is not hard. I agree with Eddie, fleet is a far quicker generator of income, even if you only use it a couple times a week. But I also think that you should never stop investing in mines, ESPECIALLY as you get your fleet to the size where you can generate millions in a few hours.
    Najus
    Najus
    High Lord Apprentice

great advice Empty Re: great advice

Post  Najus Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:22 pm

That is very good advice, thanks for posting that Maxy.
    I prefer to turtle, but each to their own I suppose...
    On the topic of moons, anyone interested in smashing my fleet at Scorpia? [3:219:9]
    772 RL, 186 LL, 33 GC, 75 IC, 4 PT, 1 LSD, 1 SSD, 20 ABM.
    20 LF, 16 HF, 19 CR, 73 BS, 59 SC, 38 LC, 8 BC, 2 BB, 1 DE, 15 SS.
    DF = 1.370.100 Metal, 632.400 Crystal. = 20% = 101 RC
    Tech levels = 10A, 10W, 10S.

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:56 pm